Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shift in focus...

This is the time of year that life gets HECTIC. Really hectic! And for some of you (and you know who you are ;-) this season that our children find so magical, it is simply torture.  I know, I know, I know...not enough hours in the day!  Too much money to spend!  Christmas Cards!!! Presents!!!  Out of town visitors!!!  Indulgence!!  The list goes on and on....


I have decided to take a different approach to the Holiday Season this year and am choosing (that's right folks, it is a choice) to view it as my children do, it's a MAGICAL time of year!  I am simply gonna keep it simple and enjoy my loved ones (yes, even the annoying ones).  Focus on the beauty of what Christmas is about and try and not get too caught up in the details.


 ***Disclaimer: This statement pertains for all hours in the day EXCEPT between 8:30 am and 5pm (when I am working like a frantic elf to get pictures shot and ready for your walls, christmas cards and gifts!)***


Do I think my change of focus will work this year, well...I am not 100% sure.  But I suppose just attempting a shift in attitude will get me part of the way and I am certain it will be enough for my kids to appreciate having one more family member under the magical mistletoe!!!

Carpe Diem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment